Thursday, February 7, 2008

Some progress on gnome-do


So I'm moving along on replacing gnome-do's addin system. Today I added an entry in the menu that opens mono.addins addin manager. I think that it's about the only graphical feature that users will see when using the new plugin system. Most of the work is on the internal behaviour.
Porting existing plugins to the new addin system will be easy. It's just about creating an xml file that describes the addin, and embed it as a resource in the dll.

Now I have to clean up the code and fix a certain number of bugs. I'm still far from being merge-ready. The addin manager window cannot be moved and steals focus to any other application. I also have to set correctly the folder from which addins are read.

For those that cannot wait, I added a screenie :-). If it looks familiar, it's because the addin manager is the same that's used in tomboy, monodevelop or any application based on Mono.Addins.

Enjoy

No comments: